A Google search will give you thousands of results of interior designers across Pune and each one is very compelling but finding the right Interior Designer is not an easy job. You will need someone who can understand you in terms of your said & unsaid preferences, give space to talk at the same time, and help you to understand the technical side of the designs helping you make a conscious call every time. I being an interior designer for over 20 years have seen so many of my prospective clients struggle many times and stumble towards the wrong decision.
I would like to make this simpler for you so you can make the most important decision of designing your house by hiring the correct designer.
Firstly understand the two types of interior service providers which are basically categorised in 2 : Company( for example: Livspace) and Personalised( for example us that is RedBricksDesigns)
Read on to understand the major differences
|Restricted time for the designing process with limit on number of iterations.||Freedom of timing for the process of designing with no limit on iteration|
|Once the design is finalized then making any changes in the design or during the work in progress is difficult.||On going changes are very much possible.|
|Big Team.||Small Team.|
|Team may change.||Team never changes.|
|Your designer may change.||Your designer will never change.|
|Do lots of project simultaneously so the dedication amount of time is divided among a number of projects.||Few projects at same time with attention to meticulously detailing|
|Finished project faster.||Finish project as per commitment.|
|Overall, a bit cheaper because of mass production||On the expensive side because of customization|
If you go with the company service or for personalised services the process to reach the correct one for you remains the same:
- Find the top ten interior designers from the city.
- If you have any personal references then it is good to add them to the list.
- Check their projects by visiting their website, Instagram, facebook page.
- Ensure that you are looking at actual work site photos and not the 3D & graphical supported images – a lot can be made in 3d but that doesn’t mean the actual execution of the same has happened.
- If you like at least 5 projects of the designer, then they are good to make to the shortlist for calling.
- Do read through the reviews if available on Google, Facebook, etc – helps you give an insight.
- Personal meeting is the best for taking the next steps in the shortlist.
- Try to talk or meet the principal interior designer
- During the meeting or call explain all your needs & issues to the designer. Let the designer come with solutions for you.
- How soon she/he has understood your requirement and how good is the solution will help you make the choice.
- How good they are with your family & other persons in the house – as during the execution each and every one especially the main family will be involved.
- How proactive are they in providing estimates and the terms and conditions fo their work process (knowing their terms & conditions is the most important part)
- Last but definitely not the least and one of the major factors in consideration is the transparency & ease of their working process including payment.